- Raft in the Merced River Canyon for a wilderness adventure unlike any other. Just make sure you’re prepared to get wet!
- Hike by moonlight to a valley where no light pollution obstructs your view of the sparkly, starry night skies. You may even witness a meteor shower!
- Take a watercolor class at the Yosemite Art Center if the weather turns sour, or if you need a break from all that walking.
- Dine on delicious dishes at the historic Ahwanee Hotel.
- For a bird’s-eye view of Yosemite’s natural wonders, try ziplining over the Sierra National Forest. Teenagers will love the thrill of this adventure in the skies!
- Want to see the park while also getting some rest? Tour with Outback Safaris by day or night for a rugged, scenic trip via jeep.
- Embark on a horseback ride along Canyon Trail, while a tour guide describes the park’s history and the marvels surrounding you. You can select one-hour and half-day tours, and no experience is necessary.
- Zion hosts two excellent options for hikes to take with your teenagers. Emerald Pools leads you along an easy route to pristine ponds and majestic waterfalls. Those seeking a little more adventure, though, might prefer the Narrows, a harrowing route in which families must wade through water and swim through currents to reach a – you guessed it – narrow canyon. Plan a full day for this adventure.
- Teens eager to learn something new, or brush up on old skills, will enjoy trying their hand at fly-fishing in summer, or skiing and snowboarding in winter.
- Take your teenagers to Old Faithful and Mammoth Hot Springs to gawk at unique natural features they’ll never forget.
- Embark on a 2.4-mile roundtrip hike through a pine forest to Mystic Falls, a stunning 70-foot waterfall.